- Markets always know more than you do. So unless you have inside info or you see things no one else sees, you should realize your insights are priced into the market's valuation. Buy index funds to save costs.
- Many price moves cannot be explained, even after the fact. Deal with it.
- You better own some stocks. All the research shows that they outperform other assets over the long haul.
- Don't put all of your eggs in one basket. Folk wisdom and high-powered econometrics yield the same conclusion.
- Think global. The US represents slightly less than half of total global valuation; get yourself some EU, Japanese and emerging market stocks.
Dow hits 20,000
2 months ago