A few predictable consequences:
- this will take 10 years to resolve
- by then commerce will have changed so radically that there is a good chance that current forms of web-based advertising will no longer exist
- job stimulus for antitrust experts on both sides of the case
- the European Commission will chime in with its own set of issues
- Google will still be the dream employer for the best and brightest of today's graduates
- Look out Facebook; now that MySpace has tanked, they're coming for you next!