- Quickly form partnerships between the private sector and community colleges to make sure training programs match today's hiring needs
- Eliminate red tape that delays construction and infrastructure projects
- Streamline the tourist visa process so that foreigners can come here to take advantage of the dollar depreciation and shop til they drop
- Make small business loans more readily available
- Change the tax code to make it profitable to do energy efficiency retrofits
To be fair, these are meant to be quick fixes; the Council will issue some recommendations for longer term growth in September. In the meanwhile, Mr. President, I suggest you not put all of your re-election eggs in this basket.