I am pleased to announce that the NC State Jenkins MBA program has leased classroom space in a new facility. The governor's office signed off last week.
Starting this fall, MBA classes in RTP will be offered in One Park Drive. The building is 4 stories tall and has an atrium; we will be located in about 5000 square feet on the first floor. There is a two story parking deck adjacent to the building. Among the amenities, we will have
- Four classrooms: one seating 24 students, two seating 38-40, one seating 45 (+/- a student or two)
- Two small and one large conference room
- Three faculty offices
- Same classroom technology as in Nelson Hall, plus a couple of surprises to be announced later
- Reception area
- Wireless internet service
- Phone service in offices and conference rooms
- Modern design -- Tables and chairs in classrooms will all be on wheels so that classrooms can be optimally configured; there will be red
We will control the new space 24/7. I honestly believe we will now have a facility that will compare favorably to those of our blue brethren down I-40. We plan to have a ribbon cutting sometime in August before school starts.
Finding new space and reaching a lease agreement has proven to be a tremendous undertaking. Judee Lonnee deserves the lion's share of the credit for dealing with landlords and the state property office. She exercised the right balance of diplomacy and persistence to make this happen. Bill Martin at NC State's Real Estate Office also has been a very key contributor.
We finally are going to have the type of facility our faculty and students deserve. This will be a big step forward for the MBA program and the College. Don't be shy about sharing the news.